Saturday, February 25

To listen or not?

Inevitably & expectedly "BH/BC" has leaked! Apparently it surfaced through Oink first & is now making its way to several other torrent sites, e.g. here or here.

And although I am getting decent download speeds & the download is about to finish soon I am still undecided whether to listen or not. My previous experiences with album leaks of my favourite bands have been pretty hit or miss: sometimes it works & sometimes it destroys the tension & anticipation thoroughly. Either way I'll try my best to make careful use of spoilers regarding significant new album content the next three weeks leading up to the real album release.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up :P

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have snapped and am listening to it right now. i was also afraid of losing the tension and anticipation, too. but i'm glad to say it worked out fine on this one.

jonne

12:56 PM  
Blogger kisshermind said...

yeah, i listened too :)
i was thinking...maybe it depends on the quality of the album. if the music is dissappointing in the first place the leak won't exite that much. but if it's a true meisterwerk like "bh/bc" it'll work.

i am certainly looking forward to the actual relase. can't wait to study the liner notes.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, I listened too! Great stuff, I have to say! Like getting a old friend back. (:

I guess that you've already discovered that Devil Dog and Dominoes (from Tokyo 8.12.2003) is partly the same song? Nice developement from a dull poprocker to a groovy and heavy song on the album!

And ditto on the liner notes. I don't think DP is involved at all in this release actually. It sounds way too raw for that. But, who knows?

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I downloaded it tuesday. However, I don't think I will listen to it - I just ordered my copy of the ltd.ed. CD from Stickman, and it to some extent spoils the pleasure of listening to the album for the first time if it's a ripped mp3 version instead of the actual, physical album. Yeah, I know, I'm old. I'm 35. Although Dennis, who is 37, is not old.

Magnar

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter